Healing for Your Soul


Hello 21,
You look oddly familiar
perhaps because I dreamed you up
when I was 12,
hoping that the body  I stifled in
really wasn't my own

Why so sad, 21?
Did you forget something in last year?
Is it not enough that your heart still beats?
though thunder beats louder,
more consistently,
somewhat like the prayers of lost saints
and preaching atheists combined.

Remember me 21,
and all the decisions you made,
all the mad men you turned sane,
all the sane men who collapsed
within themselves
only because your 21 couldn't be captured
like the 16 year old without a father
whose barely present mother couldn't tame her

Goodbye 21
I've forgotten what you smell like already,
and I wish I wouldn't;
so let me keep the lessons you taught me then,
like hand me downs from my older self
and I wear them,
like evening clothed by sunlight
but also drink them, perhaps like cyanide
so another 'me' escapes the soul;
like the sunset which dies for darkness,
memories die inside of me-
a medicine,
finally healing the soul.



1 Comments

  1. �� beautiful form of self-reflection...success to you and your new blog! - Wyndi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment